Stars disappear before our eyes
[unable to retrieve full-text content]A startling analysis from Globe at Night — a citizen science program — concludes that stars are disappearing from human sight at an astonishing rate. The study finds that, to human eyes, artificial lighting has dulled the night sky more rapidly than indicated by satellite measurements.
- Massive fuel-hungry black holes feed off intergalactic gas
- Jumpin' Jehoshapat! New grasshopper-like material can leap 200 times its own thickness
- Researchers measure size-luminosity relation of galaxies less than a billion years after Big Bang
- Ten-minute scan enables detection and cure of the commonest cause of high blood pressure
- Why chocolate feels so good — it is all down to lubrication
- When migrating birds go astray, disturbances in magnetic field may be partly to blame