[unable to retrieve full-text content]In the first in-human clinical trial, scientists used a novel, skull-implantable ultrasound device to open the blood-brain barrier and repeatedly permeate large, critical
[unable to retrieve full-text content]Proteins that act like air traffic controllers, managing the flow of signals in and out of human cells, have been observed for the first time with unprecedented detail
Physical and sexual abuse in childhood and adolescence could be associated with a greater risk of adult premature death (before age 70), finds research published by The BMJ today.
This study extends and
[unable to retrieve full-text content]Storing data in DNA sounds like science fiction, yet it lies in the near future. Experts expect the first DNA data center to be up and running within five to ten years.
[unable to retrieve full-text content]All human beings are genetically very similar, sharing approx. 99.9% of the DNA code. The remaining 0.1% explains the natural differences between people, including
Researchers at West Virginia University have uncovered critical data showing bariatric surgery as a treatment method for patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease has a significant impact on improving
[unable to retrieve full-text content]A new study that analyzed 17 years of migratory bird-nesting data in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, revealed that nest survival decreased significantly near high-use oil and
During his trade mission trip to Israel, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced a new agreement between Florida Atlantic University and Insightec, a global health care company headquartered in Haifa, Israel.
Psychology has had a profound influence on the field of medicine. The study of psychological processes and behaviors has been found to be important in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of physical